Thursday, January 22, 2009

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." Charles Schultz


Okay, I haven't posted in months, so I've been lacking. One of my resolutions should be to stay on track with all of my responsibilities - key words "should be". I'm trying, I've just got to try harder with an eye on results. After all, isn't that what I tell my students?
As this new year begins, I begin blogging with my Advanced English 9 classes. It won't be any suprise to my students when I say the ninth grade classes are all good kids and very smart. They have some of the highest PSSA scores on record here at the Fort. I can also swear that this has been a very enjoyable year for me with the English classes. They're just a bunch of fun kids.
For any parent reading my blog, and I hope you are, please monitor your child's progress and work as they post on his or her blog (or web log). Each student understands it is his own responsibility to keep up with the assignments and that posting on the internet is also a responsibility to be taken seriously. I encourage the students to interact with others in my classes by checking out their blogs and leaving appropriate comments. This not only gives them time socializing with friends, but helps them practice writing and communicating. It's all-around good exposure to the techno-friendly world we exist in.
Coming in future posts: a Shakespearean unit ~ Romeo and Juliet. Do I hear a collective groan out there???

1 comment:

☆Merrrcedes☆ said...

Haha wow, I would've never thought you were still doing this. But yeah I feel like a big creeper for commenting on this but i was reading over my old blog responses and forgot the prompts so i clicked your link not expecting it to be updated, haha but yeah so i have to begin using my blog again because I'm taking night classes at HCC (Hillsborough Community College) and they use blogs to answer essay prompts :-( So thanks in advance. But anyways I have really no clue why I'm writing this, but whatever.